Boutique Hair Salon in Bellevue, WA
Posted on Nov 18 2022
Hey there! This is Leydi from Bella Off Main. We are a boutique hair salon located in old town Bellevue. I get asked this question a lot: "What are the tips for hair care during the winter?"
It can be challenging to maintain healthy hair during the winter months. The cold weather, dry air and heating systems are tough on your hair. Here are some tips to keep your hair looking great all winter long.
1) Use a good quality conditioner. Use a deep conditioner once or twice per week. You don't have to use a heavy cream every night, but a deep conditioner will give your hair extra moisture and help prevent damage from occurring.
2) Use a leave-in conditioner. Don't wash your hair every day. This is especially important if you live in an area where there is lots of dry air from heating systems or dry weather conditions. If you must wash your hair daily, try to use warm water instead of hot water so that your locks aren't exposed to heat so often.
3) Use heat protectant spray before you blow dry or flat iron your hair. Braid or pin up wet hair after showering or swimming so that it has time to air dry before going about your day. Pinning up wet hair helps prevent frizziness and flyaways until it has had time to dry naturally (or blow-dry).
4) Use a good quality shampoo and conditioner designed for color treated hair (this will help keep your color from fading). Don't brush wet or damp locks — this can cause frizziness as well as breakage if you're not careful! Wait until they're completely dry before brushing them again so that they don't snag on the comb.
5) If you have curly or wavy hair, use a curling iron or wand (with heat protection product applied first) instead of using a straightener. Winter can be a harsh season, especially when it comes to your hair. The cold, dry air and wind can really damage your hair, making it brittle and causing it to break off.
If you have additional questions, feel free to give me a call! I am always happy to share my knowledge with you.